Day 6

Today I continued programming the two components that were my main task, while implementing them I also implemented other parts of the diagram I designed as they were needed or when it was simply more efficient because I was touching related code anyway. In the afternoon I had another meeting with David, Mike, Stijn and… Continue reading Day 6

Day 5 – End of week 1

I continued my work from the day before and continued setting up the new project and importing all the assets and code I needed. After completing this phase I started to ease my design onto the existing design. This basically meant that I reduced linkage between components to keep them more flexible and independent, improved… Continue reading Day 5 – End of week 1

Day 4

In the morning I received feedback from David about the design I created the day before. My design was generally good and only needed a few improvements. One of the errors in my design was actually a mistake I had noticed myself but had forgotten to fix; in one place I needed to have a… Continue reading Day 4

Day 3

I continued my work on the Technical Document. I went through the Design Document again and wrote down every single bit of information that was either confusing or that had an impact on the technical design. When I was done I was left with a rough idea of how the game’s structure should be set… Continue reading Day 3

Day 2

This day I continued examining the latest build of the project and writing down feedback. I also finished my read of the Game Design Document. I was happy to receive a second display to hook up to my PC and about Windows still wanted me to install another batch of updates. In the afternoon I… Continue reading Day 2

Day 1

First day! As you’d expect, I spent most of my time setting up and exploring. My workplace was already set up, but my PC wasn’t completely ready yet. The image that was used to install it was out-of-date, so I needed to install about 130 updates, a Windows Service Pack, an Office Service Pack, another… Continue reading Day 1


As part of my internship at Vanguard I’m going to write a blog, with a new post each day, as a kind of logbook of what I’m doing here. Writing this blog is compulsory, but I don’t mind because I’ve wanted a blog for a time now; my problem was that I never knew what… Continue reading Introduction