I continued my work on the Technical Document. I went through the Design Document again and wrote down every single bit of information that was either confusing or that had an impact on the technical design. When I was done I was left with a rough idea of how the game’s structure should be set up and a load of questions about the game and how it should work.
After lunch I had a meeting with Game Designer Rene and Lead Programmer David about the Design Document. We both had questions for Rene about various aspects of the game and its design. After all our questions were answered we had a short discussion about how some of the parts could be implemented.
My next job would be to create the game’s final design in diagram form. Basically a kind of Class Diagram created with UML. David told me he liked the program yED best for creating these kind of diagrams, so I installed it and started work on the design.
We also received a new build of the game with some improvements and some newly broken things, so I had another round of examining and feedback.
At the end of the day I sent my design to Rene and David for examination and feedback.