Today was a hectic day. We spent the morning profiling the code and examining crash dumps. We had a meeting about a new camera system as well. Afterwards I worked on a few small workflow issues that had come up, but started work afterwards on improving code performance. I removed some sub-optimal code from the GUI and FSM middlewares and created a new pooling system for projectiles. We need a better system for pooling particles as well. Particles Systems also seem bugged in the engine and can cause crashes when instantiated, destroyed or fired. We still have to fire particles, but a pooling system will hopefully help prevent the crashes caused by instantiating and destroying. These kind of issues are every programmer’s nightmare! Continuing on tuesday.